Friday, June 05, 2009

"Homogeneous Versus Heterogeneous Nucleation In Steam Systems"

I've Just Learned It's Actually Not A Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered Social Issue...


That's what I spent my day looking at...a Canadian Master's Degree Candidate's Thesis addressing the phenomena called a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion) and the underlying physics and phenomena details.

The visiting kids and their toddler wandered off to explore on their own and Pat and I and Missy the Turbo Pup are relaxing in silence and heading out for drinks and dinner.

Anyone know about the Rayleigh method of calculating the growth and collapse of bubbles in things like your beer and champaign and club soda...or in my case a gaint steam system that can explode and peal your skin off your arms and rupture your spleen and eyeballs?

I'm figuring it all out, and details to follow once I understand things.

Have a nice weekend...If you will...

No comments: