Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Veni, Vidi, Vici Vamoose

Back From The Middle Of Nowhere


Ah yes...quaint yet rural Tennessee.

Ya gotta love it if you're from there or if you're retired and want to live on three acres in the mountains for the price of a half acre lot here in Knoxtown on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River.

Problem is that living in Wartburg and similar places (like where Mom lives in LA) causes you to have to drive 20 miles to find a Kroger or a Walmart, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that unless the place is surrounded by water like our little Island on the Georgia Coast was.

On the construction front, my pancake air compressor crapped out on Sunday afternoon and I didn't diagnose the problem--a broken metal outlet tube--untill late yesterday.

I though I was going to be nailgunless until the parts arrived from Sears next Monday, but I've figured out how to do a short term fix with some more rubber tubing and a couple of hose clamps so it's off to Home Depot for parts and a million pounds of bagged play sand to put under and around the Turbo Pup's little 10'x30" above ground pool.

We had one of those last year with no structure and the inflatable ring around the top to keep the water in and I bought a new one on the internet for cheap to use this year with the old filter pump which we saved.

No comments: