Saturday, June 06, 2009

James Gregory

Last Minute Entertainment...


You may be amazed to learn that Pat and I haven't been to a Theater to see a movie since we left Atlanta in 2003, and though we've spent a good deal of time in "Community Theaters" watching plays I was either acting in or designing/building the sets for we also haven't paid to see a concert since the Atlanta days either.

I think the last live national act we saw was Blue Oyster Cult at a street festival in West Virginia three or four years ago also.

Fast forward to last week when I heard on the radio that southern comedian James Gregory was at the comedy club about three miles from the house here on the banks of the Mighty Tennesse river.

I've heard him on the radio for years and saw him the first time at the Punch Line in Atlanta about 1996 and enjoyed his material, so after dinner and drinks last night I couldn't stand it any longer...we wandered by and got two of the last half dozen seats available for the 7 PM show and I laughed my ass off of near an hour.

Here's a look at his style:



No comments: