Monday, February 22, 2010

Lazy Sun Son Of A Gun

Sunlight Deprivation Relapse...


Well, it rained and was cloudy all day and as a result I successfully managed to do basically nothing except chase some vendors around looking for price quotes and making some accounts payable calls to my customers trying to chase down some money.

That's the bad thing (besides with dealing with all of the government crappola) about being in business for yourself...everybody expects to get paid on time every few weeks or even up front on commercial purchases for new businesses like mine, and yet your clients--often giant companies--are generally cavalier with taking their time sending you the money they owe you.

Right now I'm basically in the "banking" business, loaning money to a couple of companies for going on three months now from the first day we started spending money if you count the time spent while the products were still in my shop in fabrication and programming and we couldn't bill them yet.

I've still got a pile of government forms to file with the State of Tennessee and the Department of Labor by April 15th, but I'm letting them lay in a pile on my desk festering because my brains start dripping out of my ears and nostrils when I look at them and start reading the instructions written in English and Spanish.

I got a form in the mail today--I swear I'm not making this stuff up--that was telling me how to find out how to get EEOC information which complied with the Americans with Disability Act.

It opened up with this paragraph:

"The law requires an employer to post a notice describing the Federal Laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay and disability."

Sorry folks, but I've got some news for everybody...I don't care what the Government says, any person which is deaf, dumb, blind, bearded, bald, crotchless-overall-wearing, transgendered Mormons or Quakers (and I mean all of those qualities applying to a single individual collectively) need not apply over here at my Company's Corporate offices, because I'm just not hiring them.

They'll have to fine me, sanction me, censure me, and send me to jail...it's just THAT simple.

Call me "I N S E N S I T I V E" I guess.

Heh...

No comments: