Thursday, June 03, 2010

Bush Responsible For Hurricanes and Hemorrhoids

Now He's Responsible For Owl/Tipper Gore's Split???


I hate the lamestream media's use of "unnamed sources" and "person's not authorized to speak publicly" as primary sources in controversial--usually political--stories.

Call me dense or a "partisan hack" or whatever...BUT

In an effort to avoid veering too far off topic, I'll instead zero in on my REAL subject of this posting this morning.

That would be the recently announced "separation" of Owl and Tipper Gore.

Last night some idiot was quoted as saying that the split began with the 2000 electoral loss of Gore to Bush for the US Presidency.

All I have to say is...

Plueassssseeee!

Since when is it a new concept that the stress placed on a relationship--married or co-habitating or otherwise--by personal or professional or political aspirations and the associated resulting problems those situations cause in the bedroom or in common people's public/social life can have negative outcomes?

Speaking authoritatively, I, personally, ended a near ten year marriage back in the mid 1990's because my now ex-wife wanted a little mindless worker-bee husband with a 9 to 5 job and my old job was a eyed 8 AM to 7 PM effort five or six days a week, and then when I started my own company and we had to live with the realities and uncertainties of self employment cash flow she proceeded to lose her mind and make us both miserable in the process.

Needless to say I left the childless relationship after enduring a couple of years of hell, and today I can honestly say that I've never looked back.

But...

I don't blame my ex employer or my now ex-business partner for the demise of my marriage.

I made a considered, conscious CHOICE in the situation, and in deciding I wanted to be independently self employed with the associated financial uncertainties rather than settling for a salary with the lovely "two week severance pay guarantee" and I don't mind admitting making that decision today.

And the idiots out there that insist on shifting blame from the responsible parties to other individuals and outside circumstances...avoiding responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions...will be the death of our culture, society, and Nation if we let them continue to drag us down this path.

Is it just ME?

No comments: