Tuesday, June 01, 2010

You're Crazy If You Buy Half The Stuff Politicians Say On TV

But By God They're Going To Make Sure You Pay For It...


OK, Ladies and Gentlemen...it's raining again here on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River this afternoon, I'm quite cranky, and...

It's ironic that just this morning I wrote a general missive about Federal Taxes and the IRS and my loathing for the organization and everyone that works for the giant, festering, puss smeared, blood sucking bureaucracy.

Then I came back from the Mail Box and had big surprise courtesy of the IRS.

I've somehow avoided having my head explode but that's still a distinct possibility here in the next 24 hours unless I somehow manage to lower my blood pressure.

Where's my really sharp knife and my jar of leeches?

Remember that we...my new company..LOST money last year while getting started up?

I admit that I was late this winter/spring getting all of the seasonal government BS ax paper work filled out because I had to coordinate one company and two family's households' forms while trying to run a business and sit on the sofa blogging all day.

Then today I got this little love letter in the mail...here's a copy with my own personal revisions:




Can you believe this crap? Last time I did corporate stuff in the late 1990's there was little or no fine if you filed late and didn't owe the assholes in Washington DC anything.

Not so today apparently.

In reading the fine print attached to my government correspondence I noticed that if I commit the same sin next year--losing money in a business endeavor and not filing the forms on time saying I lost money--the exact same atrocity (not filing forms saying I don't owe any money on time) will cost me $195 per shareholder per month...equaling $780 for WHAT?

Doing nothing incorrectly?

What I want to know is, where is the money supposed to come from to pay a shithead government fine for the Felony act of filing a stupid stack of forms late, and in the process telling them (the aforementioned government shitheads) that we already didn't have any money...therefor we didn't owe any income tax on the corporation?

Does anyone know?

Short of going to Law School or getting an accounting degree and a CPA license, am I the only one that doesn't understand how trying to start a company and losing money in the process allows the government to come to my house and steal some of what money I have left over at the end of the year?

I think it would be best if I just stay here at home and spend my time cleaning my guns for the next couple of days...

Talk to Y'all later...

No comments: