Monday, June 14, 2010

New Project Yields New Tools

Tools To Men Like Toys To Toddlers...


It seems that I might get to go tool shopping in the next couple of weeks in support of a new Injuneering project.

The prospect of making decisions on new tools was actually enough to get me out of bed and keep me off the sofa most of yesterday in spite of the weird malady that struck me down Saturday.

I've had similar symptoms twice in the past three months, and in an effort to understand the process I've decided to call it the "shaking shuddering hee-bee-jee-beees"...

And I'm suspicious that it might just be psychological because in spite of the physical symptoms--fever and aches--I think that it could be the result of watching all of the stupid crap that's beamed into my home on Cable TV.

Follow me here...I'm afraid that after a steady diet of Weather Channel and FOX News and Food Network, followed by the occasional foray over to CNN and some of the broadcast channels like ABC/NBC/CBS/MSNBC et. al., that my immune system takes over and forces me to lay down and close my eyes for ten or twelve hours and just take a "chill pill."

After all...you can only spend so much time screaming at the television and throwing old dirty underwear and socks at the screen in response to the "latest inane example of mental ineptitude purveyed for public consumption" LIEMIPPC for short.)

You know?

So any way...I'm quoting a new project which requires a bunch of machine shop work once I get through doing the drawings, but instead of all machining being done by a vendor outside our building I'm looking at doing some of the lower tolerance work myself...in the process buying a nice drill press and a metal cutting power bandsaw and using them to cut the raw stock in house and make a bunch of sharp metal chips in my basement floor in the process.

Of course having the new tools in the basement will open up a whole new world of insanity induced construction projects...things like the first prototype of the "Rogers' Pulse-Doppler Laser Nippleometer"...a creation that's been on the drawing board for about 15 years at least now.

It's really a simple device you wear on your head or like eye glasses, designed to be able to accurately measure the ambient temperature by bouncing a laser beam off random women's breasts.

The concept was pretty exciting years ago when I was single, wandering around in public looking at them (women...not their breasts) and wondering if it was really that cold outside or they were just glad to see me...

but I digress...

...so any way...I'm back on my feet, feeling better, and have quite a busy week chasing new proposals around trying to close some business and starting Tuesday building more Pneumatic Valves, so I'm sure you'll understand why the blogging will be sporadic at best.

UNLESS something really STUPID happens and I have to chime in.

In the mean time...

Regards Y'all

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Something stupid is always happenning.
And it's well documented on conservative talk radio.
And it leads me into bouts of anxiety.
When I was unemployed it was much worse and I was seeking medical advice til I figured it out.
And I still listen.