Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Things I Used To Do

And Don't Like Doing Any More...


Well, I'm pleased to report that I survived a day in Atlanta little less for the wear.

I was at my customer's office before 10 AM and was finished by 11:30 with an entire afternoon to kill.

I guess it's that I'm so old and set in my ways, combined with the fact that I lived in the city of Atlanta and its northern Cobb County suburbs from 1977 until 2003, that makes a visit something a good deal short of a trip to Disney World.

I got to do things like go through security at Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport before the return flight.

And I got panhandled on the MARTA train while watching a group of people which... while not panhandling...could be best described as a "Freak Show.".

And I took a Taxi...actually two taxis.

And find out that the "free WI-FI" at both Hard Rock Cafe and the downtown Hooters doesn't work (I went to Hooters because the girls at Hard Rock said they had free Internet.)

And that the Internet connection at the down town Starbucks works.

And that there's no Internet on Concourse C at Hartsfield during a three hour wait.

Other than that, it was pretty much just another trip supporting a long business day, and I'm glad to be back home to the Turbo Pup Compound on the Banks of the Mighty Tennessee River.

No comments: