Monday, November 15, 2010

Where's My Zicam?

Interfacing With The Public Yields Creeping Crud...


Well, I'm pleased to report that I'm back home this morning, happy to sleep in my own bed for a few hours,  but at the same time having to start to admit to myself that I must have caught some sort of respiratory crap during our journey.

I woke up yesterday morning with a scratchy throat and a little head and chest congestion and spending the next 12 hours in denial hasn't caused the symptoms to go away.

I've been squirting Zicam up my nose and eating Tylenol along with a healthy dose of alcohol hoping to stave off further deterioration of my mental faculties and physical condition because I have a darn busy week ahead catching up on stuff and replying to some proposal requests that came in as a result of my Atlanta adventure.

When I'm sick I pretty much have the option of staying home and hibernating until I'm at least past the contagious stage of any given malady, but unfortunately most of the "general pubic public enjoys running around sneezing and snotting on everyone they come in contact with and sending their crumb crunching rug rats to daycare and school to spread the love infections around the population.

That's probably the single greatest benefit to being unemployed self employed is the ability to voluntarily avoid contact with the usual seasonal stuff like colds, typhoid and tuberculosis, and possibly the latest strain of Bovine, Equestrian, Porcine, or Chicken Flue/Fever and of course the West Nile Virus.

(Speaking of West Nile...can anyone tell me what the heck is going on over on the eastern Side of the Nile River which makes them immune to stuff like the Egyptians are suffering from on the opposite bank of the river?)

Let me know if you can find out because it bothers me...but I digress...

Of course instead of staying home and avoiding the various plagues out there I have to go out and wander around to places like Home Depot and Staples and Kroger at least every few days (not to mention the bars and restaurants) and risk infection in spite of my occupational advantage(s).

Maybe I should learn my lesson, but then again I'm hard headed.
So any way, time to shuffle some more paper and take a nap and see if I can shake this bug.

Y'all have a LOVELY day now...If you will...

No comments: