Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Years Day = The "Lint Filter" Of Life?

The Sign Said"Clean Before Each Load"


Just in case you haven't figured it out from reading this blog, I'm not much on "New Years" resolutions.

You see, if you took all of the New Years resolutions I've broken over the past 5 plus decades, piled them up like cord firewood, and then proceeded to burn them in your fireplace, you'd probably be warm all winter--every single winter--for the next half century.

That said, there's still a few things which I think always change for the good every year if you just give life a little effort, and in my book you don't have to wait until New Year's Eve or New Years day to get the positive results.

Now digressing a bit (stay with me here...I have a point), I was just sitting here in front of the computer surrounded by PLC panel projects in my basement shop...Mission Control A.K.A. the International headquarters of PET...when the buzzer went off on our Clothes Dryer in the adjacent laundry area.
 
I walked over to change over another load of laundry when I had an epiphany I think.

See if you agree.

It occurred to me that it's better to think of New Year's Day not as the day to start filtering the proverbial lint--the bad stuff--out of our lives.

I think that it's better...like a dryer lint filter...to do just a little bit every day, in every load of stuff life gives us...and then at the end of the run...

New Year's Day...

Clean your filter out like I'm doing, and then start over.

Incremental filtration, not tee totaling absolution...

It's much easier and practical..

Right?

No comments: