Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rikki Don't Lose That Number

Singing Keeps Me Sane...


I went out and did a little singing last night.

I guess that People that don't sing or who are forced into doing it in spite of themselves like kids in Church Choir don't understand the therapeutic nature of such an endeavor.

You use muscles you sometimes never use and you have to think about things in order to sing--particularly in front of an audience--that you might not ordinarily consider and for me somehow it makes me feel better in the process.

I'm a better singer than I am a guitar player or piano player these days, but the Harmonica (a box full of them actually) and the trumpet and some other instruments still sooth my soul given the opportunity to hold them and make a little noise.

I don't even care if anyone else hears me holding them them except the forest and God.

Somewhere in the Bible it says "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord" and I say that goes a lot further in life than most people think it does.

Even if you are an agnostic or atheistic, I don't think that you can ever be too sure who might be listening when you think that you are alone singing.

Until you've had the experience, taken the chance and bared your soul in the process I guess that you might not understand how much better I feel when it is all said and done.

No comments: