Friday, April 29, 2011

"Their Is No Cure For Birth Or Death Save To Enjoy The Interval"

"Those That Cannot Remember The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It..."


OK Ladies and Gentlemen...I open this morning's blog dissertation amid the Chaos which describes the conditions here at the Turbo Pup Compound on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River with a couple of quotations from philosopher/essayist George Santayana, an often quoted (and misquoted) gentleman which has come to my attention recently.

This guy thought and wrote and said some pretty profound stuff in his day, in my considered Redneck Opinion.

Take these additional dittys as a for instance:

"It is not society's fault that most men seem to miss their vocation. Most men have no vocation."

"Happiness is the only sanction of life; where happiness fails, existence remains a mad and lamentable experiment."

"The world is a perpetual caricature of itself; at every moment it is the mockery and the contradiction of what it is pretending to be."

Or how about these two sayings?
"The living have never shown me how to live."

"Religion in its humility restores man to his only dignity, the courage to live by grace."

Pretty good stuff...in simple sentences, wouldn't you say?

Now with all of that in mind, and moving on proceeding past the distractions of philosophy and literature this morning...

I have to admit that I don't know whether to laugh or cry because my little world is basically upside down and everywhere I look there is something new to do or that begs to be done, and all of the new stuff falls on top of a giant list of things I was already planning to do in the month of May.

The interesting thing is the composure and peace the good Lord has blessed me with in moving forward and dealing with stuff which would historically elicit a hysterical reaction from me.

You see, my problem is that I know what needs to be done, and I generally know how to do it, and the Devil is in the Details of deciding what to try to do all by myself versus hiring someone--possibly a well intended idiot or outright thief--to do any given task.

But for some reason I'm cruising along this morning--possibly heading with the other Lemmings and Sheep to my demise falling over the cliff...

Or maybe I'm just starting to mellow out in my old age, sort of like a old rooster stops crowing and fighting or an old stud bull past his prime decides to stop stomping and snorting and just hang around the pasture eating the sweet clover while letting the other younger bulls fight it out over the territory.

OK...Enough rambling already, I have a date in my basement with some wet carpet and a new box fan I bought at Home Depot yesterday. 

If you don't hear from me in the next 24 hours...somebody organize a search party...

 

No comments: