Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Something To Do

Finally...


OK, it’s like this.

Normally I spend my time being a pretty useless bum these days.

Blogging, a little volunteer work, a little writing, and a little drawing and painting and photography is usually on my schedule, but I have to admit that I’m generally pretty slack compared to most of you out there in the real world.

Not so this week, however.

I’m cooking for 30+ people next Saturday night and in addition we learned today that our invitation has been accepted to have a weekend guest in our home.

Suddenly I’m in a hurry, because late last week I added to my to-do list the overseeing of four or five people working for a contractor doing repair and paint work here in the condo complex over the next couple of days.

I’m afraid that I might have bitten off more than I can chew, because now in addition to buying and processing food, I’m responsible for the extra building supplies not included in the original contract due to extra decay and rotted wood we found in the pool deck fence this afternoon.

I did get a bit of a head start making room for our guest’s accommodations by moving and storing a couple of tons of files and paperwork around our second bedroom/office. I normally use the “pile file” theory of paperwork management, but the method is neither attractive nor conducive to accommodating guests.

Now I’m facing having to handle a trip to buy lumber in addition to a last minute shopping trip for food accoutrements tomorrow before setting about the process of brining and cooking about twenty pounds of Pork, Beef, and Chicken in our tiny kitchen.

I know that I can do the cooking because I’ve prepared every dish at least three times in the past month—it’s just the QUANTITIES involved, and preparing everything at the same time, and managing to keep everything hot or cold that is a challenge.

So any way, if the meaningful ranting & raving blogging suffers this week I ask that you please excuse me, and check back once in a while for updates on my progress.

(of course I reserve the right to explode at any time based on any unforeseen news stories…)

No comments: