Saturday, January 13, 2007

Racial Hysteria

Get Over Yourselves


Good God people it‘s 2007, not 1867 last time I checked.

I’m sitting here watching Hannity & Colmes on FOX news and they’ve just spent the past five minutes talking about another stupid assed so-called celebrity getting caught on camera outside a Los Angeles comedy club, using the dreaded “N” word.

That’s right, some white boy said the word “Nigger”, and everybody has thrown off their clothes and is in the process of writhing around on the ground, peeing and drooling on themselves.

I’m entirely sick of this shit.

People are even afraid of the word Niggardly (it's a real word...look it up for yourself, and it's not a racial term.)

There, I just wrote the word “nigger” and "Niggardly" in consecutive paragraphs…so SUE me.

Go ahead, stop reading my blog if you must.

See if I care, dammit.

The act of writing a word or thinking a word does not, in my opinion reduce the humanity or social value of any one individual or race of people.

We as a national culture have all been forced to become so hyper sensitive to a word that blacks negros African Americans people of color routinely are allowed to throw at each other on the street, on music videos, and in jail, that we apparently can’t or won't continue to function normally if confronted with a single utterance in public.

I’ve written at length in the past here on this blog about the use of the word “Redneck” and my desire to prevent it getting posted on the “black list” of words that cause the demise of individuals’ professional careers and public popularity based on polite usage.

What ever happened to “Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never harm me…”?

This Redneck happens to enjoy the term, and most intelligent, successful people of color should be no more offended by the “N” word than I am of the “R” word.

We are, after all, adults here?

Aren’t we?

.

No comments: