Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Construction Day Dreams

"For Sale" Sign Presses Issue


I can't remember if I mentioned here that I signed the papers last week to get the renovation project on the market. Bruce, my friend and real estate broker, thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and get it in the MLS listings and test the waters.

The idea is to quickly get the face on the building in the next week or so and then see if we can get it under contract, thereby letting the buyer pick the paint colors and help make the final decisions if they want to.

To this end I managed to get the new front door installed this week and have completed a bunch of detailed design for interior and exterior finish trim work.

Unfortunately, today was a loss because of administrative work and some other nagging personal details that had to be handled here at home and from our litttle Island, but I've left Pat orders to have my butt kicked out of bed or off of the sofa by 9 AM tomorrow.

Hopefully we can get five or six hours of work done on a couple more windows in the front half of the house so that I can shift gears to installing external siding and trimwork before heading out of town this weekend for Greenville and Knoxville.

Time to do a little reading and some more drawing now...talk to Y'all later.

No comments: