Friday, January 25, 2008

We're Off To See The Wizard

So Much Fun I Can Hardly Stand It


I woke up this morning with a song in my heart, and an eager desire to avoid all forms of productive enterprise whenever possible.

To that end, I decided it's time for a ROAD TRIP.

Well...not exactly.

We already had the road trip planned last week, then postponed it due to weather. Then we had recycled and rescheduled and as of yesterday we had intended to leave for Greenville, SC tomorrow morning, continuing on to Knoxville on Monday before sliding back down I-75 to my second home town--Atlanta--on Wednesday, then back to our little Island next Friday.

The itinerary has hereby been amended as of right now.

A couple of hours from now, we'll be heading out to Darien Georgia for a late lunch, then on to Bay Street in Savannah to spend the night and consume some Seafood, possibly inflict myself on unsuspecting patrons by singing some Jimmy Buffett and James Taylor at Karaoke somewhere, then picking up the original itinerary ending up in Greenville at the Prince Hotel and Massage Parlor Saturday afternoon.

It's yet another beautiful day here on the Georgia coast, but it's still only 45 degrees F with wind chills in the upper 30's , so I can balm my conscience with the concession that the low temperature wasn't conducive to working outside at my advanced age installing windows.

I won't tell anyone if you won't.

No comments: