Monday, January 21, 2008

Hot Is Hot

(But My Job Site's Not)


I'm lambasting myself this morning for my poor performance over the past week in the "making sawdust" department of my life over on the renovation job site.

I'd like to blame everything entirely on the rainy weather, but I ended up laying around all day yesterday on a sunny Sunday instead of making the obligatory Home Depot/Lowe's run and getting some work done.

The good news is that I have made some good progress in the design department, finalizing most of the details on the front building trim elevation and coming up with the design of a new Barge Rafter on the front and possibly the rear for the building to be installed in the near future when we put on the new metal roof.

The overall architectural scheme is a Craftsman Bungalow feeling, with the wood work being budget priced and self installed. The interior details also continue to grow as I'm considering the possibility of installing a window seat in the dining room and a faux column and knee wall to assist in separating the living and dining areas.

Best laid plans aside, there are still four windows and a new replacement replacement front door (see my earlier posting where I destroyed the new front door) to be installed in the exterior along with a thousand or so square feet of siding, then the new plumbing and electrical systems have to be in and inspected before the final interior finish and trim work is completed.

I guess it's time to start looking at things to do for TOMORROW, in the correct order of completion.

No comments: