Thursday, July 24, 2008

Expensive TV With Battery Back-Up

Technology Continues To Take Over My House Balm My Ego...


Well, the good news is that I can finally spend the evening in my office at home working and watching FOX News on TV at the same time.

The bad news is that it cost me an extra $130 for the TV receiver card and a fancy gold colored RG-6 splitter for the cable signal.

After two hours spent cracking open the CPU cabinet and fooling around getting Vista and the new software to cooperate with each other, I gave up and let Windows Media Center handle things.

Now I have a 22" color TV (with remote) which cost me nearly $1,500 if you include the computer, monitor, UPS, and other goodies.

I'm a certified Genius, aren't I?

Careful... I said Genius, not accountant.

No comments: