Friday, July 25, 2008

Quote O' The Day

Genius Thought From A Certified Genius...


"The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one."

"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."

"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself."

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."


Albert Einstein US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)


(Yes, I too had to look the word up:

equanimity Pronunciation: \ˌē-kwə-ˈni-mə-tē, ˌe-kwə-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural equa·nim·i·ties
Etymology:
Latin aequanimitas, from aequo animo with even mind
Date: circa 1616
1 : evenness of mind especially under stress 2 : right disposition :
balance )

No comments: