Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day In The Sun

Rain Gone, Humidity Low(er)...


I went and bought another small load of #1 Kiln Dried Pressure Treated boards today to fill in the gaps and spots I had missed considering on the deck with my first material order.

I also finally finished the trim on the outside of the new French Door I hacked into the brick in the back wall of the dining room.

All I need to do is slap on a little paint and the door is finished.

Thank G.O.D.

Now in my ongoing insanity I'm talking about buying a "pet door" and grinding another hole through the wall to accommodate the four legged princess of the household.

Pat and Missy the Turbo Pup (the aforementioned princess) supervised my efforts from the pool and deck chairs as I worked my way around the perimeter installing skirting boards.

Short of some catastrophe, the deck really, really, really will be finished tomorrow.

Then maybe I can actually get in the pool myself and sit around for a while being wet without the dampness coming from my pores.

The next immediate project is to install the new wireless weather station components that Pat gave me for Christmas. The system's pretty cool but has been sitting in my office for six months gathering dust.

I've decided that I'm putting the Wind Direction/Anemometer up on a wooden spar attached to a fence post; extending 16 feet above the ground, then mounting the electronic rain gauge and the Relative Humidity sensor down lower.

There is a wireless control/indicator panel which can be mounted inside the house in my office so I can sit around and get second by second updates on which way the wind's blowing and how hard the rain is coming down without looking out the window, going outside, or dialing up the NOAA website.

When finished the structure is supposed to end up looking like the mast on a sailboat with some rigging wires and possibly a place to fly a flag.

The details are still a little fuzzy but I've started doing the drawings and photos will follow as things develop.

Time to finish some technical writing and call it an evening.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: