Thursday, June 11, 2009

Forget Buying Stock

I'm Buying Slim Jim's...


My heart goes out to the victims of the accident yesterday in North Carolina, but at the same time I have to offer some personal predictions.

I'm personally saying that the explosion at the Con-Agra Garner, NC "Slim Jim" plant was a steam/waterhammer/BLEVE explosion.


This long press conference video confirmed my initial suspicions (don't waste your time watching this thing but I insist on documenting my references)

http://www.wral.com/news/video/5327452/

As an Engineer I've seen this type of event TWICE before PERSONALLY in the past four years, and my professional studies for several hours each day for the past couple of months involve the physics of this type event.

With no major fire and the extent of the percussion/concussion which blew out the roof panels and knocked down the precast concrete wall segments, the only thing that could possess this type of power (other than TNT or dynamite or plastic explosives or a fuel like natural gas which would have caused a big prolonged fire) is STEAM and the associated events relating to it's cooling or heating from/to operating pressure/temperature in an uncontrolled manner.

I also predict that my associate Wayne and I will be called in to work on this accident shortly.

I'm not an ambulance chaser but I really want to get my hands on this thing earlier rather than later after everything has been disturbed and evidence has been lost. Thus I spent the day lurking around the Internet reading news releases and watching video of news conferences.

Meanwhile, the door/deck project is slowly proceeding through inattention and interruption by thunderstorms and lethargy yesterday.

So sue me if you don't like my progress...

No comments: