Sunday, June 07, 2009

Obama Versus Chamberlain Churchill

History Repeats Itself...


I haven't bothered to comment on President Obama's cowtowing, appeasing speech to and from the Muslim/Arab world last week because his Speech left me "Speechless."

After all the crap he's delivered in the name of "the American People" it really pissed me off to see him standing there in Normandy yesterday desecrating the memory of all the honorable men that were wounded or died there 65 years ago.

I guess the Jews have similar sentiments regarding his lies about his family ties to liberating the people held in German prison camps and his use of that poor old guy with the wild hair as a photo opportunity ...but in spite of the UN and the liberals I'll let the Hebrew's take care of themselves.

Any way...

What a maroon...

What an ultra-maroon we have for a President.

Back to my point this morning...I've become a bit of a Winston Churchill fan over the past twenty years because by accident (in other words...in SPITE of my public schooled government education) I've discovered what a HUGE influence he had over saving Europe from the German aggressions and how instrumental he was in forcing the isolationist liberal elites and politicians here in the United States to join the war effort in Europe.

Besides his well deserved place in world history, Churchill was an intellectual genius and a great artist, painter, and orator--one of my personal hero's today because I aspire to be all of those same things although I'm afraid I continue to fall quite short of his standards.

My blog idols--the guys over at Powerline-- reminded me of the words Winston Churchill wrote after Neville Chamberlain signed the Munich Agreement with Hitler's Germany in August 1938.

The funny thing to me was that while the agreement basically ceeded land to Germany from the Czech's, and representatives from most of Europe attended the "conference", the Czechs weren't invited and DIDN'T SIGN.

That's sort of where I feel like most "average Americans" are today as Obama runs around the world spewing bullshit.

I certainly didn't sign up to have his words uttered on my behalf.

Take a look at these parts of Churchill's comments in blue while I add my own modern insertions in red:

"Silent, mournful, abandoned, broken, Czechoslovakia Israel receded into darkness. She has suffered in every respect by her association with the Western democracies and the League of Nations United Nations."

"But they [the people] have no power," he said. "...there can never be friendship between the British democracy Americans and the Nazi power...the Radical Muslim Nations... which derives perverted pleasure from persecution...and uses with pitless brutality the threat of murderous force."

He ended his speech in the House of Commons by describing the Munich Agreement as "only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us year by year unless by a supreme recovery of moral health and martial vigour, we arise again and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time."

Where are men like Churchill when we need them today?


No comments: