Wednesday, September 30, 2009

They Already Have The Christmas Stuff Out???

And I haven't Even Carved My Pumpkin And Made My Scarecrow...


So there I was, back in Home Depot this morning...making my bi-weekly visit to the "return counter" (this time with receipt in hand...got a cash refund...Woo Hoooo...)

While wandering away into the sea of "home improvement" products counting my change I momentarily noticed something I had failed to comment on EARLIER and which I was JUST again reminded of by a TV commercial on FOX News advertising something defined as "seasonal music."

What I'm talking about is that here it is...the thirtieth day of September...and Home Depot and the late night TV advertisers are already talking about trying to get me to spend money on of all things...

C H R I S T M A S ?

Further...

Christmas Decorations?

Let me ask everyone...IF I bought lights and a boat load of shiny tinsel, where am I supposed to put these trapping to store them between now and the time I can legitimately hang them out on my front door and along the eaves of my house?

Am I supposed to have a pumpkin with colored lights and fake snow and a herd of Reindeer grazing on the lawn nearby?

Or could I erect a display on my lawn of Pilgrims eating the first Thanksgiving Feast with a "weird beard" Santa and a flock of mutant radio active turkeys from the TV series South Park looking on?

Not to worry...being the ultimate "non-consumer" I'll easily pass the animated cackling witches and the smiling and nodding Santa mannequins and keep myself focused on the Tapcon Concrete fasteners and the products on the electrical isles.

In other news, later this morning I'm loading Pat and Missy the Turbo Pup and all of their luggage and lockers and sea chests up in the newly washed and serviced Chrysler 300 and we're heading off toward Kansas City, Missouri for a week or so, stopping over night in St. Louis to break the west bound trip into two smaller segments.

In addition to visiting with Pat's family and celebrating a Grand Daughter's 18th birthday, we also have the privilege of attending a private party at the American Royal BBQ Event on Friday night and then there's a bunch of other business stuff going on which I'm not at liberty to talk about publicly yet.

Once again the Internet availability will be somewhat questionable along the way, but I ask that if you don't hear from me within three or four days that somebody please send up a flare and organize a search party.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: