Friday, October 02, 2009

Hittin' The "Reset Button"

Maybe He Pushed It Too Hard...


After hacking into a neighbor's unsecured wireless network (the home we're staying in has wired Internet) I've been spazing most of mid-day today watching some training DVD's and not living on the Internet as I usually do.

Regardless, I had to chuckle when I skipped over to Drudge Report and learned that Rio de Janeiro beat out Japan, Madrid, and Chicago to host the 2016 Olympics.

You see, I'm not just happy (or maybe just not unhappy) about the defeat because Obama and his fellow Chicago Political Democratic Thugs Obamamaniacs had spent a zillion dollars of taxpayer money on their bid...seeing the President make a personal appearance in support of the effort.

No, I'm happy to see a City/County in South America get the Olympics on the Continent for the VERY FIRST TIME and further...

if you read the fine print it's going to SAVE all of us American TAXPAYERS tens of zillions of dollars because in reality the City of Chicago is NEARLY BROKE and was counting on Obama to toss "stimulus funds" in their direction to pay for new stadiums and parks and bridges.

I personally lived through the Atlanta Olympic bid process in the late 1980's and saw the results of the infighting, political double dealing, and outright theft that occurred in my City by the time the actual Games arrived in the summer of 1996. I was so enthused I LEFT TOWN and didn't manage to make or spend a single dime on the Olympics or Olympics paraphernalia.

And then there were all of the rumors of insider dealings already underway giving away political favors and government funding to people inside the White House to do things like renovate dilapidated housing or even build new housing for Olympic athletes which would be turned over to private citizens or companies when the games were over (see Napolitano, Janet.)

When it's all said and done, I believe in all seriousness that it's a GOOD THING Chicago's Olympics Bid ended up "going south", as I resist wanting to drop onto the ground laughing hysterically at yet another event showing our dictator/terrorist butt kissing President/Savior what "TALKING" and "ENGAGING" and "APOLOGIZING" for things we as a country haven't done to the world over the past 223 years gets him and more importantly...

gets US...

YOU and ME as American citizens and taxpayers.

That would be N O T H I N G...

N A D A

Z E R O

Z I L C H.

All of his smiling and romancing and proclaiming he's a different kind of president in charge of a country that has learned our lesson couldn't save an Olympic bid any more than it's going to stop the Koreans or Iranians from building warheads and loaning them to the next wild eyed virgin seeker with a few million of al Queda's cash in their backpack.

Got my point?

Now it's time to watch some more videos I guess

No comments: