Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Mid Winter Hallucinations Fantasies

I Want To Build A Houseboat...



I'm sitting around here this morning afraid to go back into my kitchen because I have a load of Grenache lurking in the Fridge and on the counter top taunting me to try to roll it into little 16 gram balls and cover it with something without getting it in my hair (ok..on my scalp since most of my hair has fallen out.)

Then I started looking around for something new to draw and design and generally distract myself from reality, and a couple of things came to mind.

In the past year I've built a deck on my house (ok...half a Deck, but still...)

I've built a shop in the basement.

Building an airplane is out since the FAA grounded me for medical reasons about 15 years ago, but now, after being "Boatless" for going on eight years, and living near the Mighty Tennessee River, it occurs to me of my need and desire and practical possibility of owning another boat.

Not just any boat mind you...A...

H O U S E B O A T.

Something like this would be nice, but with newer lumber and a little bigger living space...




The guy said he'd make me a good deal, but I hate using someone else's used bed and bathroom, and I think that I want a little more horsepower and a generator.

Time to do some more googling...

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Since the economy hit the crapper, you might be able to get a brand new houseboat cheaper than building one.