Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Forty Cent Slice Ball Of Heaven

Shipping And Handling Extra...


I'm sitting here waiting for my Ganache to set up in the Fridge so I can move further into the production mode, and like any good injuneer/businessman it occurred to me to do a cost analysis of the process to see where the production budget was going.

Guess what?

I can make a Truffle that's almost as pretty and tastes every bit as good as something from Godiva for...

About $0.40. If you add in the packaging (box and little ruffled cup) the price rises up to about $0.55 each.

The professionals get about $2.15 each as far as I can tell.

Maybe I should quit my new day job and get off my ass, don my Chef's attire, and get into this stuff full time.

I like the mark-up/profit margin...You Know?

No comments: