Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sugar Buzz Hangover

I'm Vibrating...


DaaannnnnnNNNNNNggggggGGGGGG

I'm afraid that I've consumed so much sugar and chocolate over the past couple of days that right now if you look at me all you'll see is a fuzzy blurr.

Like something off of Star Wars or a Star Trek movie...

When I look in the mirror I can't see myself clear enough to shave safely...and brushing my teeth is easy because I just hold the toothbrush in my mouth and my head shakes side to side and back and forth and toothpaste lather comes out my ears and nostrils the motion is so vigorous.

For safety reasons OSHA has informed me that I have to shut down the Truffle production operation until I can establish some procedures and written guidelines to protect myself and anyone that comes in contact with me while loaded with little boxes containing orbs of chocolate.

Last evening I assaulted our Barmaid friend Katie and the balance of the women in the bar at another one of our local favorites, The Parkside Grill, with the harvest of yesterday's Truffle making efforts and then ran away to cook my soon to be famous Horseradish crusted pork tenderloin for dinner.

I love it when I can Google "horseradish crusted pork tenderloin" and my recipe on my cooking Blog, The Redneck Gourmet, comes up NUMBER FOUR on page one of the search results.

Any way, I'm taking a day off from "Truffleing" to do some other business stuff and fool around in the shop with a balsa model airplane kit I've been working on, then if the local Whole Foods store will get another shipment of Semi Sweet Dark Ghirardelli Chocolate in (they ran out last weekend) I'll be back in business on Friday for my Grand Finale.

Time to read the paper, do the crossword, and take a nap I think...

2 comments:

The Old Man said...

What's the kit? Seems like you should be outta time...

Virgil Rogers said...

It's an Guillow Piper Cub rubber powered kit I bought a couple of years ago. The quality of the balsa is disappointing...soft and brittle...and I've started and stopped a couple of times and hope to get it to the tissue covering phase in the next week.

I built dozens of planes like this back in the 1960's and early 1970's and usually modified them to improve their flight characteristics and durability.

Just another fun distraction from reality I guess.