Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm a California Oklahoma Man

Goin' To A Party...Meet Me On After School...

Back in the late 1970's I managed to walk over from my dorm room in downtown Atlanta at Georgia Tech with some friends across I75/I85 to the Fox Theater on Peachtree Street to see a number of really excellent concerts.

In the process I managed to see the rock band CheapTrick twice I think...featuring Rick Neislen on lead guitar, Bun E. Carlos on drums, Robin Zander singing lead and playing rythym guitar, and Tom Peterssen on Base Guitar.

Any way, I was fooling around this morning trying to get my head screwed on straight in contemplation of the things I have to get done over the next four to six weeks and I found this video of the band ten years after I've last seen them...in Houston in 1989. (If you are not a Cheep Trick fan bear with the intro and skip to about the middle point of the video where the song really starts playing.)




Then of course there is this song...



Y'all have a LOVELY weekend...if you will (I'm heading out of town for a while)

No comments: