Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trumpets Versus Trombones and Violins

A Rocket Scientist Faces Uncertainty...


I 'm sitting here this morning trying to decide what to sell and how much to ask if I sell any given item in my upcoming "Carport Sale" of semi-unwanted "Stuff" we don't want to pay to move.

Any Ideas?

I have a bunch of realy weird musical crap...specifically a old Holton trumpet, a Chinese Flugelhorn, and a box full of Horner and Lee Oscar Harmonicas and finally a real Austrailia Didgeridoo made from an Eucalyptus tree which has been naturally hollowed out by termites.

Historically I like musical instruments where you hit a string between frets (the guitar) or push a piston (the trumpet) or blow in a hole (the Harmonica) instead of those weird things like the viola and violin or even the Trombone with it's slide where you have to somehow memorize and hit the place on the dang thing in orde to get a note which is in tune EACH AND EVERY TIME.

I'm definitely going to keep the Harmonicas, but the Trumpet and Flugelhorn are up for bids along with my antique Remington Noiseless Portable Typewriter.

Then there is the carpet shampoo machine and almost the entire living room except for my framed photos and drawings and now at 8 AM I guess we will have a bunch of strangers wandering around looking at our "STUFF."

Just for your assurance, I'll try to avoid killing any members of the "GENERAL PUBLIC" and continue on with our progression to Tulsa.

No comments: