Thursday, July 06, 2006

Feed US!!!

Our Birds Are Growing Up


Well, the good news is that our baby Wrens--I call them Winkin', Blinkin' & Nod--survived the busy Independence Day holiday weekend none the worse for the wear.

Their eyes have opened, and they've gotten their voices now, "peeping" and "cheeping" asking for food every time I disturb them to take their pictures.

Here's a sample of the goings on from yesterday:



By the way, I figured out that the big raptor I photographed and displayed in my last posting was a young Red Tailed Hawk. That explains why the squirrel was stareing him down and he was clumsy bouncing around in our tree yesterday.

I know that we have a Red Tail nest in the area because I've seen them circling overhead the past few years, I just never saw a juvenile bird up close. Our bird books tell us that the Red Tailed birds tails don't actually turn red until they are mature.

So like I said earlier, this place is a bird "Mecca"...I can't wait until tomorrow to see what I'm gonna see,

1 comment:

Carol ReMarks said...

How cute!