Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hair Brained Idea #243

Basically--I Don’t Know What I’m Gonna Do When I Finally Grow Up


OK…it’s employment update time, so let’s take a quick look at the list so far this summer.

Rocket Scientist…OUT

Brain surgeon…OUT

News Reporter…OUT (after giving the Senior editor of the local newspaper a piece of my mind for their coverage of my K-Street Tree Project)

Fry Cook Chef…OUT (after Allan re-hired a previous experienced employee that became available at the last minute--no hard feelings, however.)

Now as to my latest enterprise...

Yesterday I learned that “Miss Property Manager”, the lady that owns the company which oversees the daily operations here in our condo development, was convicted in State Court of numerous counts of theft by taking, intellectual property theft, and a number of other misdeeds.

Needless to say that all of my fellow Condo board members heads are about to explode because of the news.

As a result, today at 2:00 PM I had a meeting with a friend of mine that has his Real Estate Broker and Real Estate Property Management licenses and we talked about using little old ME as a new employee to bid on offering replacement property management services to our condo property.

I've previously mentioned that I’ve been effectively running and managing this place for the past two and one half years for free, haven’t I?

So far I’ve done everything but sign the checks and empty the trash cans, and we currently pay Ozzy for the trash services.

Any way, Bruce and I are talking and, since I’m already here 24/7, it makes sense to make an offer and try to use his existing Real estate company as a vehicle to get us started in the property management business.

When you look around down here, everyone in that segment of the market basically SUCKS, while at the same time they’re busy as heck because of the limited options available to property owners.

I just might be on to something here…

Hey Mr. Trump, you better be lookin’ over your shoulder.

No comments: