Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Insanity Continues

“BUT Officer…it was only a couple of Grenades, an AK-47, and a LITTLE plastic explosive…”


Look at this most recent crap developing in the Middle East, as reported by this morning’s Jerusalem Post:

The IDF will have to resume operations in Lebanon if the expanded United Nations force being assembled does not fulfill its obligation to dismantle Hizbullah, an official in the Prime Minister's Office warned on Tuesday.

Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora and Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah reportedly reached a deal allowing Hizbullah to keep its weapons but refrain from exhibiting them in public. Israeli officials called the arrangement a violation of UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which passed over the weekend and was approved on Sunday by the cabinet.


I can just hear it--the excuses--now…


“Oh, those are just family heirlooms…Grandpapa’s WWIV artifacts…”

“…those aren’t actually rocket launchers, those are spare pipes for the church Mosque organ…”

Imagine the hooplah and uproar if you and I wanted to stockpile a few fun little toys in our basements here in the US, and expected it to be considered legal as long as we didn't try to take them out for a test drive every once in a while?

"...it's not a Abrams Tank, its just a big old bug zapper...and we don't actually plan to use it Mr. Annan..."

I swear an oath on the bible (the King James Version is my preference) that I’m trying my very best to limit the tone of my political commentary these days because I know that I am apt to offend some readers here, and in my third year of blogging I’m trying to get my readership up, BUT…

…if my pointing out of the feckless, obtuse, incompetent, useless (pick another five words here) results that are already coming about after only TWO DAYS as a result of the passage of UN Resolution 1701 calling for a “cease fire” between Lebanon and Israel is any example…

PREPARE TO BE SEVERELY OFFENDED IF YOU KEEP STOPING BACK BY HERE!!!

No comments: