Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Forget About Sipping Fuel...

I'm A Proud Gas Guzzler


I almost forgot to mention this milestone, but then I heard a blurb on the local TV news referencing the US Senate's continued pandering to the lowest common denominator of Human mentality, this time considering a bill addressing something they call...

"Gas Price Gouging."

Let me say THIS about THAT.

I could care less, OK?

On Saturday and Sunday I filled up both of our vehicles--over $170 total--including over $120 worth in my old Suburbia's giant 42 gallon tank.

The only time in my life that I've ever pumped more gas in such a short period of time was back when I had a 32' SeaRay boat that held 120 gallons--a little over $300 worth in 2002 dollars. By the way, I really feel sorry for the guys driving the Shrimp Boats around Brunswick and Darien this season, looking at fiberglass and wooden hulls that require thousands of gallons to move them out to sea and home again.

I'm just happy to have the ability to own not one, but two vehicles, and in spite of the cost, the fuel that makes them more than a lawn ornament is an important part of the overall picture.

Just ask the Germans what it was like during WWII if you think an internal combustion engine is an asset without fuel to power it.

No comments: