Saturday, May 26, 2007

Will Everyone Please Go Back Home...ASAP?

Angry Ranting From Paradise


Well, with the Memorial Day holiday weekend upon us, I guess that it's time.

After all, every year about now I tend to break out and dust off what I call my "spoiled white guy living on an island" rhetoric.

You know, those well worn complaints I like to make for the past few years about tourists and "seasonal residents" cluttering up our roadways, restaurants, and grocery stores over the winter and summer and "holiday weekends."

We were out for drinks and dinner with some friends last evening, celebrating a birthday, and the density of humans per square centimeter of floor-space was noticeably higher than is usual most of the year around here.

Oh well, on second thought, go ahead and have fun if you can.

With my sincere blessing.

Since I spend most of my time being useless and taking time off, I guess that I'll be OK just laying low and hiding at home for the next few days, waiting for the dust to settle while everyone enjoys a few days away from their jobs and regular routines (and burning a few tanks full of $3 a gallon gasoline between their hotels and homes.)

Don't forget to drive safely...

No comments: