Saturday, May 26, 2007

sO mUCH tO dO

So Little Time In Which To Do It...


Why is it that while practically everyone else in the US is taking life easy this weekend--acting like they're on vacation or something--that I find myself rousting my dog and girlfriend out of bed before 8 AM on a Saturday morning to drive around on the mainland like some wild-eyed maniac worrying about my construction projects and waiting for stores to open so that I can go shopping?

Does anybody want to offer an answer as to the reason for my self imposed hardship?

Someone?

Anyone?

I'm waiting...

Well, regardless of the underlying cause, today we managed to go by the post office, the mall, stopped by my rental property to make sure that the natives hadn't stolen all of my tools & materials hauled off everything that wasn't bolted down, verified that Georgia Power still hadn't turned on the electricity, went to two grocery stores and the beach, all before 1 PM.

I'm proud to report that Missy, our new little "turbo-pup" miniature Dachshund, is well on her way to becoming a professional beach bum just like her dad I've become over the past few decades.

She even managed to spend a few hours at the pool standing guard this afternoon while I napped and contemplated brining about seven pounds of Boston Butt Pork shoulder roast to slow cook during the day on Monday.

Like me, she's probably also worrying about making a big batch of my "Fancy Asian Cold Slaw" and the Tilatpia soft tacos that are as yet to be put together to help feed close to a dozen guests at dinner Monday evening.

Please excuse me now while I go get started brining my butt...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice Memorial Day-off.