Sunday, May 20, 2007

Recapturing Lost Brain Cells

Am I Suffering From Dementia, Or Just A Substance Dependency?


I've spent the past couple of days wrestling with myself in a series of attempts at trying to recapture a skill that I openly claimed to have possessed since somewhere about 1982.

You see, there was a time in my life when I thought that I was a proficient AutoCAD operator. If you wanted drawings, I could give you drawings, in ink and in vivid color on your computer monitor, for somewhere between $20 and $50 per hour.

Not any more...

Apparently, now I'm just a guy with a couple of fumbling fingers and thumbs, willing to peck away at a computer keyboard when the aforementioned fingers and thumbs aren't spending time stuck in some body orifice (you know...places like the openings to my nose or...er...um...that other place...)

Never mind...

Back to my point...I've just had the grim realization that somewhere between the late 1990's and last Thursday I managed to lose or significantly auction off my hard earned ability to draw a straight line on a computer screen.

I hope that plumb and square can be replaced with big and tall or other specifications else otherwise I'm in BIG trouble.

No comments: