Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dickens Set Complete

Ghost Puppet Still In Skeletal Form...


Well, the good news is that I'm basically done with the sawdust phase of my Christmas set construction effort this year.

That is, of course, because the current project represents the simplest version of the three productions of Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" that I've supported at Brunswick's Ritz Theater thus far.

Heather wanted a really simple backdrop this year because there are 29 kids and 1 adult in the cast and complex sets and gaggles of children generally don't mix in the theater business--particularly when the kids are all under the age of 12 years old.

My air compressor, pneumatic brad gun, and stapler made quick work of the thin plywood panels and wooden trim installation, and now I'm down to finish casting and detailing the foam Ghost Puppet of Christmas Future's head and wiring together it's giant dowel segmented hands.

Of course there is the little detail of installing the electrical wiring for the red strobe light eyes and green strobes in the mouth, but those are just last minute details that I have until the weekend to work out.

Tomorrow will see the foam casting process completed, followed by some shopping for final supplies as we begin the mad rush toward opening night on December 4th.

Then there has to be some Christmas shopping thrown in for good measure, but I've pretty well got the list figured out and it's just a matter of getting it into boxes and out on a UPS truck.

Hope y'all are all having as much fun as I'm having these days...

No comments: