Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hands Take Shape

Larger Than Life...And Capable of Changing Channels


Here's a look at the goings on on my kitchen table recently (the remote control laying there is over 8" long):






(click on the photo for a bigger view)


The hand in the foreground has a couple of coats of gauze and liquid latex already in place, and the one in the background gives you a glimpse of the 20 pieces of wooden dowel ranging in diameter from 3/8" to 7/8" that makes up the wired together "skeleton."

I've already got the head half cast out of expandable urethane foam and the electrical components (red strobe eyes and blue lighting for the inside of the mouth) are mocked up and working.

This thing is going to cause some kids to pee their pants if we're not careful.

I guess that I'm just a baaaaaaaaaddddddDDDDDD man.

I believe that I'll wear that description with honor.

No comments: