Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm A Theater Scab

Crossing The Picket Lines


It hadn't even occurred to me until reading the Internet News this morning that I might be accidentally breaking some kind of "Union Rules" via my involvement with the set construction over at the Ritz Theater this past week.

Should I be looking over my shoulder in downtown Brunswick for some of the "Stage Hands Union Thugs" skulking around in the shadows?

After all, I'm not a Union Member.

I'm not much of a fan of Unions either.

I understand why Unions have existed through history, but I also think that today most unions and most fervent union members eat used kitty litter are dope smoking inbred morons are the equivalent of gangsters because they choose to hold a gun to the heads of their employers rather than work for a living and let market forces determine their pay scale and benefits.

Gone are the days when unions fought child labor abuses and deadly workplace conditions--now they want two months of paid "family leave" and six figure income for stock boys working at Wal Mart.

I've never been in a union and to me union mentality is the equivalent of college Fraternity mentality--mindless group think--with the emphasis being on "mental" and the underlying concept being the support of a bunch of otherwise useless and weak morons that can't hold a job and justify their pay without the threat from some outside force or "workplace action."

These latest strikes by the Screen Writers Guild and the Stage Hands crowd is a perfect example. What a bunch of useless overpaid losers. I guess that the Patchouli Vendors Association and the Cannabis Clothing and Furniture Covering Vendors of America Local #666 can't be far behind on the walk out list--then we're in real trouble

Way back in the early 1980's I had the pleasure of working as a the lead non-union employee for my manufacturing company doing the start up of a custom compressed air dryer installed in a paper mill in New Bern North Carolina.

New Bern was a beautiful idyllic town on the river tributary Atlantic coast region near the southern end of North Carolina's outer banks and Ocracoke island. I ended up spending several weeks there and the location was awesome to behold.

BUT...

the Weyerhauser Paper mill was staffed with inbred, slack jawed, mouth breathing UNION MEMBERS that couldn't get over the bad feelings that still lingered there from an extended strike which was finally broken by management in the mid 1970's.

They had separate bathrooms and break rooms for union and non-union employees.

They had pay phones and coke machines that you couldn't use unless you had a Union Card in you wallet.

All of this Bullshit from LIBERALS...DEMOCRATS by and large...the one in the same people that today criticise conservatives for being divisive and closed minded.

So any way, these highly paid UNION ASSHOLES couldn't understand why myself and my co-worker should be allowed to enter what they considered to be "Their Paper Mill" (although it was actually owned by the stockholders of Weyerhauser corporation) and be allowed to do electrical work and millwright work in support of our non-union Georgia employer.

Warranty work included in the base price of the equipment. Something like one hundred thousand dollars at the time.

I'm lucky to be here today writing this blog posting, because if it were up to at least one of the lovely UNION EMPLOYEES at that Weyerhauser Mill, I would be dead today because the individual thought it would be funny to reactivate the dedicated 480 volt three phase high amperage circuit breaker powering our equipment while we were away from the plant and if I hadn't elected to check the breaker before beginning work I would be dead Dead DEAD right now.

Of course this coincided with the Union writing a formal complaint stating that we were't electrical union members and therefore presented a hazard and were unsafe to work in the plant.

All I have to say is..."Screw those UNION ASSHOLES", because this home boy had enough sense to buy a couple of padlocks and change the circuit breaker at my company's expense in order to lock and tag off the power supply in order to prevent their predicted accident premeditated Murder.

All of that crap over "employment issues"

Imagine that?


.

No comments: