Friday, January 18, 2008

Engine Flame-Out And Icing on the Wings

Eject...Eject...Eject...


Well Folks, in spite of my best laid plans, the National Weather Service decided at the last minute to cancel this week's ration of Global Warming induced havoc, instead crashing the temperature and bringing snow to everywhere north of our little Island this weekend.

Thank GOD my business in Knoxville was delayed a week at their request this morning, and since I've still not heard from the Lawyers in Atlanta I'm making an executive decision to stay home and hide here in the rainy, windy 50 degree temperatures burning fake logs in our fireplace this weekend.

Thus the beauty of being a professional beach bum semi-unemployed being your own boss...you can say #$@%& it and just sit home if you want to.

I really want to see some snow again in person since it's been five or six years, but driving across the Appalachian Trail and down I-40 in 30 degree temps isn't my idea of a good use of my time.

Oh well, there's always saw dust to make over on the renovation job site.

No comments: