Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Bought This On eBay Today

Replacement Literature


Back in the day, I had a pretty nice collection of books, including textbooks, Engineering industry specific technical literature; and stuff from my childhood which my parents had bought me to read in order to keep me from appearing to be an idiot when chronologically I should have been a literate Adult.

In anticipation of that upcoming event (finally being considered a literate adult...or an idiot, depending on your political affiliation and world view perspective), this item will be arriving at my house via UPS this week:


This edition was published in 1903. I missed one circa 1876 last week because I wasn't paying attention, and lost it by $5.

Good God the Internet is an amazing resource.

(UPDATE 7:36 PM EST. I forgot to mention to those that aren't regular readers that my house burned down back in April 2001 and took virtually everything but my ego and memories away with it into ashes on that spring day. I've gotten over the event years ago, but once in a while I find things which indirectly remind me of the conflagration, else allow me to at least partially overcome the effect of my losses ...thus today's posting.)

No comments: