Monday, January 14, 2008

I Want My "Vigorous Secondary Screening"

My Prostate and Spleen's Been Bothering Me Lately...


I swear People, the only thing that keeps me from just walking around spewing profanity at every one and every thing all day long these days is the knowledge that I never reproduced and within the next twenty to forty years nothing I think will matter...and I guess that assertion is based on the assumption that I can still think at all in the mean time.

Seriously...much of the time I just want to break into my best Walter Brennan or Sam Kinison imitation and let the world have it verbally. Here on the blog I know that it shows in spite of my best efforts to the contrary much of the time.

My eyes are rolled so far back in my head right now from the Presidential campaign bullshit I've watched that I have to lay face down in the bed on my stomach to see the alarm clock in the morning, and I know more about what is going on behind me than I do in front of me as I stagger through the day in a Turrets-like trance.

Am I somehow the only one that feels this way?

No?

Well, what really got this evening's rant started was this story about some new argument about the use of State issued ID's to gain access to commercial airline flights.

WASHINGTON - Millions of air travelers may find going through airport security much more complicated this spring, as the Bush administration heads toward a showdown with state governments over post-Sept. 11 rules for new driver's licenses. By May, the dispute could leave millions of people unable to use their licenses to board planes, but privacy advocates called that a hollow threat by federal officials.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who was unveiling final details of the REAL ID Act's rules on Friday, said that if states want their licenses to remain valid for air travel after May 2008, those states must seek a waiver indicating they want more time to comply with the legislation.

The deadline is an effort to get states to begin phasing in the REAL ID program. Citizens born after Dec. 1, 1964, would have six years to get a new license; older Americans would have until 2017.

Chertoff said that for any state which doesn't seek such a waiver by May, residents of that state will have to use a passport or certain types of federal border-crossing cards if they want to avoid a vigorous secondary screening at airport security.

"The last thing I want to do is punish citizens of a state who would love to have a REAL ID license but can't get one," Chertoff said. "But in the end, the rule is the rule as passed by Congress."

Would someone please give me a break here?

We're actually electing people and paying people to sit around worrying about crap like this, and argue about something as basic as being able to prove who you are when you walk up to a gate at an airport?

Where do I go to slap some sense into someone, and where do I mail my letter complaining and demanding that we all get over crap like this and get on with worrying about something that actually matters?

I swear people...we're doomed... Doomed... DOOMED to imploding just like the Greek and Roman civilizations, and there are people out there that actually want that to happen and will somehow enjoy it when it occurs.

I just want to last long enough to see the look on their faces when their government certified "screener" places the inspection wand up into their rectum in front of their kids at the airport while Mohammad and Ishmail walk unfettered past the process onto the airplane with their strap on bombs.

Idiots...

PS...I Wrote this on Saturday, and let it loose on you today.

You're welcome...

No comments: