Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm A Chili Chef?

Strange Aspirations...


The call came in about 5 PM today, and on the other end of the phone was my buddy John that owns the local low country restaurant--Blackwater Grill.

The subject of the conversation?


Incredibly, John was asking ME to bring MY Chili recipe and my spices down to Neptune Park on March 1st and lead his team in cooking 12 gallons of chili in St. Simon Island's annual Chili Cookoff this year.

Dang I'm flattered.

We didn't make it last year, but we attended two years ago and found it to be a real hoot, featuring live music and twenty or thirty teams of people scrambling to put together their giant pots of glop while consuming mass quantities of beer and entertaining their public audiences and their own inflated egos.

So now I can plan on adding my own imminent persona to this roster, and in the mean time I guess I'm test cooking some more Chili in order to fine tune the recipe.

I'm so excited I could just bust....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure and post your Chili Recipe.