Friday, January 18, 2008

Last Minute Travel

Visiting Winter On Winter's Own Terms...


Besides dodging a couple inches of warm rain ( it was 70 degrees F here yesterday), joining Chili Cooking Teams, and getting another one of my Ranting Public Service letters to the local newspaper published, I've spent part of this past week trying to put together a business and pleasure trip around the southeast beginning this weekend and continuing into late next week.

Business concerns of course take precedence, but since a lawyer in Atlanta is standing between me and the scene of the boiler plant accident I need to look at, as usual things have been delayed until the last minute, making it hard to plan the pleasure part of the excursion.

If things work out tomorrow morning we'll be jumping in the car to traverse I95 northward up the Georgia Coast, then northwest across the South Carolina Piedmont on I-26 to spend the weekend with my college roommate Rusty in Greenville, South Carolina.

Then the plan is on Sunday to head north to Asheville for lunch, then on across the Smokey Mountains to Knoxville, TN for a couple of nights for a secondary business purpose.

I pray that the weather is kind to us, because I hate having to wear a sweater and jacket ... heck ... I hardly wear socks most of the time down here (don't EVEN ask about underwear.)

Finally, if the lawyers will let me visit, I'll be back in Atlanta on Wednesday or Thursday crawling around the basement of a big downtown hotel, before returning to our beloved Island in time to thaw out and return things back to our normal slow existence.

I'll probably have to take an extra long nap once the dust settles. I sure wish May would hurry up and get here.

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

I hate to tell you this, but I live about 80 miles north of Knoxville in London, KY, the weather people are forecasters are predicting a really big bad nasty cold front to come this way. Including Knoxville. Better bring your socks!