Friday, September 26, 2008

Today's "Told You So" Moment

Lying Rat Bastard "Experts" Still At It...


I've mentioned about a zillion times before that I've had a cell phone since way before every one's children were born with cellphones in their hands.

In fact, continuing that thought, I believe it just might not be too long before some peoples' babies are born with the phone actually attached to the side of their head in place of one ear or even have a RF modulator chip and GSM card inside their skulls upon delivery.

Imagine signing up for lifetime cellular coverage with T-Mobile before your first birthday?

Any way, I'm always bitching here about missing my old 3 Watt Motorola Bag phone and the Nokia handheld that got stolen by a wrecker driver and for which I have a speaker phone and 3 watt booster setup still installed in my old Suburban today.

In spite of the improvement in cellular coverage, I still find places where these stupid little 0.6 watt phones work as well as holding my tennis shoe to my ear when it comes to making a call. Mexico Beach, Florida last time I was there and our old condo on St. Simons Island both existed in mysterious dead spots where you could drive a half mile in one direction and have a full strength signal and come back to my sofa to find yourself living in a Cell phone vacuum.

When I first found out that virtually everyone had stopped making non-handheld midget cell phones I started bitching about dialing on keys the size of Chiclets and holding something the size of a pack of chewing gum to the side of my head so that it could microwave my inner ear and hypothalamus for a few minutes each day.

I cant imagine what it's doing to you and your kids brains if you're one of these people that start mindlessly blabbing when you get up in the morning, carry on endless conversations in the car, and walk all the way through the grocery store holding a little electromagnetic transmitter against your skull because you're lonely or bored or afraid of being by yourself for fifteen minutes.

At least once every few months stories like this one questioning the long term safety of irradiating human brains leaks out into the media and my head starts spinning again.

The potential link between mobile telephones and brain cancer could be similar to the link between lung cancer and smoking -- something tobacco companies took 50 years to recognize, according to US scientists' warning.

Scientists are currently split on the level of danger the biological effects of the magnetic field emitted by cellular telephones poses to humans.

(snip) ...

Many studies denying a link defined regular cell phone use as "once a week," he said.

"Recalling the 70 years that it took to remove lead from paint and gasoline and the 50 years that it took to convincingly establish the link between smoking and lung cancer, I argue that we must learn from our past to do a better job of interpreting evidence of potential risk," said Herberman.


Isn't that just lovely?

I've got to go to work now, but I suggest that you think about this issue as you eat your healthy high fiber diet breakfast and drink your "fru-fru" bottled water on the way to the gym for your workout this morning.

If the computer operating the finely tuned machine you call your body crapps out early, all you're gonna end up being is a good looking corpse in an expensive box for everyone to say "he/she looks too good to be dead" in spite of all your efforts.

As for me, I'll continue to eat butter and eggs and red meat and over indulge in all the other things I consume, but I won't be paying AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobil to expedite my departure from this confused but lovely planet because my brain's being cremated...

AFTER I'm dead...not before.

No comments: