Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Back To Reality?

Culture Shock...


Sigh...

I spent two and one half hours just after sunrise on Monday morning standing virtually alone on the beach watching two surf fishing rods I occasionally baited with shrimp or squid.

I probably didn't see a DOZEN people over that entire period of time, because most people were packing and heading home from the long Labor Day holiday weekend.

I also only managed to feed a few small fish...I didn't actually catch anything (caught two unidentified species the day before), but the few hours alone on the beach looking at the Gulf of Mexico was worth every damn penny of the $17 stupid government tax "weekend non-resident fishing license" and $5 worth of bait.

Things were noticibly calmer all day on Monday with the exidous of tourists, and we enjoyed a late brunch I cooked in the condo and ate left over pizza from my three pizza effort Sunday night for the Classmates "official" 50th get together.

We were packed and on the road by 8 AM EST and back in Knoxtown with the Chrysler picked up from the shop and the rental car paid for by 5:30 PM, and after drinks and dinner at a local watering hole we came back home and I collapsed for the evening knowing I had wrung every single moment of fun possible out of the past seven days--at least for someone of my ever advancing age.

So now it's time to turn my attention to the matters of the real world--as real as I ever allow myself to deal with these days--and get some stuff done professionally and do some more work on the turbo pup compound. The Turbo Pup's getting a new doggy door and Pat's getting some new bi folding closet doors and a new kitchen floor.

And me?

I get to work and sweat and pay for the material to complete the aforementioned projects.

I guess that it's time to start drawing and estimating now...Y'all have a lovely day...if you will...

No comments: