Friday, September 11, 2009

Tearing Down My House

No Pain No Gain...


I'm pleased to report that I managed to chisel my way through the top layers of the kitchen floor yesterday...finding two layers of old linoleum and a sheet of 3/4" plywood standing between me and my new kitchen floor.

I picked a spot under the Refrigerator to do my excavations just in case I changed my mind and decided to live with the old floor.

Then I worked my way out toward the middle of the room and this morning I'm past the point of no return as I've ripped a big seam across the middle of the floor with the skill saw set about 7/8" deep and by noon I hope to have everything ripped up and laying in a pile outside beside the trash can.

Now we have to run to Home Depot and see if I can get five sheets of 3/8" plywood added to the order which is supposed to go on a truck later this morning for delivery.

Everybody feel free to bring your tools and stop by about 10 if you want to help make some sawdust...

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Geez, Virg. If you'd only let me know sooner....

bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate