Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gnawing Success

My Knees Hurt...


Expending 6 hours worth of energy on and off again, I finally managed to get about 90% of the old plywood sub floor cut and pried up out of the way yesterday.

I had to resort to buying one of those "multi-tools" made by Dremel (the Multi-Max) to use to make a flush cut against the edges of the counters underneath the toe kick plates. In spite of what they show you in the TV commercials, it's slow going getting that little flat blade to vibrate its way through 3/4" plywood.

I still have a thin strip about 8 feet long along one cabinet under the sink and dishwasher to cut this morning, then it should be smooth sailing as I cut the new 3/8" plywood sub flooring and move from demolition to installation mode.

Then there's the six doors and 75 bags of mulch haunting me out in the carport and sitting on pallets in the yard awaiting installation/distribution.

Who's idea was all of this stuff anyway?

No comments: