Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I Can't Eat Laying Down

Also Hard To Cook While Horizontal


I'm pleased to report that I finally managed to get up out of bed and off the sofa yesterday long enough to do some work out in my garden.

I also mustered the energy to prune some branches off of our giant Crepe Myrtle Trees and some other stuff along the rear property line which was blocking the sun off a couple of areas I've planted stuff on in the past couple of weeks.

Then I suffered a relapse of lethargy and spent the rest of the afternoon reclining in a deck chair in a pair of denim shorts reading the newspaper, doing the crossword puzzle therein, smoking the first cigar out of a new bundle, and listening to Rush Lindbaugh spray spit on his microphone.

All and all a good afternoon.

As an excuse I offer that I have to enjoy this time being useless while it lasts because I received another shipement of pneumatic valves yesterday afternoon and I have to get at least four of them out the door Thursday or Friday.

So any way...then last night we went out and celebrated Quatro de Mayo at dinner at the local Mexican Restaurant, in order to avoid the crowds associated with the traditional Mexican Cinco de Mayo celebration to be held today.

I've not been in much of a mood to join in celebrating the 5th of May on the calendar ever since my father passed away suddenly on May 5th, 1996.

Today it's hard to believe that I've spent nearly a third of my life without the love and guidance of the greatest man I ever knew.

But I have...somehow.

It hasn't been pretty, but I'm still here regardless...screwing around often times needing a good slap up side the head once in a while or a stern look.

Miss you Dad...

No comments: