Friday, June 23, 2006

1,000 Postings

Has It Really Been That Long?


For those of you that haven't been paying attention, about 22 months ago I decided to become a "Blogger." So many words, from a guy that absolutely hated English class in High School and College.

At the time I knew absolutely ZERO about blogging and I hadn't read many blogs before I started, so I just wandered out onto the world stage with my pants down around my ankles my head exploding because it was so full of ideas and opinions, and started publishing my writing.

That was mid-August of 2004, and here I am today publishing my 1,000th posting on my "Coastal Companion/What I'd Liked To Have Said" blog.

Looking back, I've only missed writing and posting something new on about two dozen days, and almost half of those days were when I was forced to hang around a hospital last year when I was sick.

By the way, my other blog, The Redneck Gourmet just had it's 100th recipe posting this week also. I really hope to figure out how to turn my cooking exploits into a hard cover book later this year...we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm also rapidly approaching the 20,000th "hit" milestone and should make it before the blog is two years old. I don't really have a clue where things will go from here other than I refuse to make my readers endure any form of commercial advertising on my site.

As long as Blogger is provided for free from the people at Google, I'll pass the savings on to you, my much appreciated readers.

Now...let me see...what can I bitch about this morning?

No comments: